Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Neglected

Last spring we got this bad boy.  Since the weather is so awesome here I had visions of me grilling all summer long.  For it's maiden voyage we'd thought it'd be nice to cook Whit's mom an nice mothers day meal.  Well unfortunately it didn't go exactly how I envisioned it.  The problem is that our deck is about an 8x5' box and the minute I started up the charcoal it created a nice 8x5' hot box.  The smoke wasn't going anywhere.  So I decided to bring out the fan and blow the smoke out.  While it helped somewhat it really didn't help all that much.  What I was really afraid of was someone calling the fire department since it really looked like our apartment was on fire.  Needless to say I've been hesitant to use it since so it has just been sitting there collecting dust.  Maybe I'll try to use it again this summer but probably not since the last thing I want to see is a firetruck pulling up in front of our apartment building.

1 comment:

k8 said...

how about if i come visit, we take a nice long LOOK at the grill and then go out to In and Out?